Tuesday, July 29, 2008

OUR NEW PROJECT

About 6 years ago we fell in love with this tiny little camp like place. After searching deed records at the court house we finally found the last deed. The man who owned it deceased 2 years prior and it was just sitting there. We found his family and asked about it. They said that if it was up to them we could just have it but that medicaid had a lean on it for $15,000. I am not sure why we fell in love with this little shack but it was something about it that caught my heart. It was falling apart and was very small. It has 5 rooms total in it and a good gust of wind would probably knock it down but I had so many dreams about what it could become. I contacted the local medicaid office who took days to find their records on the place and get back to me about contacting their attorney who was handling it. He said that there was a bid in on it already but I was more then welcome to add a bid also. I was then told that it could take up to 5 years before they decided on ending the bids. I so wanted to put in a written bid but a wait of 5 years! We talked about it and decided we would wait awhile and see what direction God would lead us on this. Well this past January the phone rang and it was a good friend of ours who is an attorney and when I answered he said he bought us a house. I was stunned as I could not figure out what he was talking about. I put John on the phone and left the room. When he got off the phone he asked if I was still interested in the little house in Pleasantdale and of coarse I said I was. Well it was bought for us! God works in his own way and our dear friend knew how much that house meant to us and bought it. He was even willing to have it remodeled for us. It is on a bigger area then we thought.... 9 lots! Of coarse most of this was over grown with trees and such so they started clearing it. Oh how beautiful as a creek runs right through the side of the property and my best friend likes across the creek. My dreams were shattered a couple of months later as code said it was in flood zone. So everything has been on hold as we thought that now we have this property and no house. All of a sudden a huge area is being dug up to build a market not a mile away and they offer us all the dirt they have to discard of. Sadly the small house has to go and will be torn down tomorrow. John will be there as I do not want everyone to see me cry as it comes down. Over 200 loads of clean fill will be brought in and leveled out to raise the land out of flood zone and our dear friend is gonna see about getting us a modular home put in. Below is a small video of John at our little shack this afternoon while I came to say good bye to it.

1 comments:

Dolores said...

Wow, what an amazing series of events! I hope it continues to go in God's order and you get to have a new home on that land!
Dolores